Who Is Mercury Well Control?
Mercury was formed in 2014 because we believe there is a better way to help our industry operate in a safer, more productive environment. We include many of the latest advancements in technology and best work practices which allow us to be more efficient, safer, and more responsible in our day to day work.
We not only meet the minimum requirements that our industry standards define, we are pushing further to develop more advanced techniques and training practices that capture the experience and knowledge from our past and teach more efficient and safe techniques that nobody in our industry is offering.
We acknowledge the huge gap in our industry with “The Great Crew Change”. Our challenge is to capture the experience and learnings of our predecessors and their accomplishments and bring that knowledge to the current field of young engineers.
Mercury is leading the way in advanced well control training and expertise. That is why we say, “Welcome to the Next Generation of Well Control…”
What do we mean when we say “next generation” well control?
This statement is actually multidimensional.
- Everyone in our industry is aware of the “great crew change” that has been hanging over our head now for years. We have an aging workforce and a very limited pool of resources coming up through the ranks to pick up the hardhat and step into their very big shoes. Mercury is focused on building a better organization that will focus on finding this talent, continually building and educating this talent and positioning Mercury to be the one company that has the very best in our industry working with us.
- Mercury’s next generation is embracing everything that is wrapped around or touches our industry. We want our teams to stand up and look around. We want new ideas and thoughts that provoke a conversation. Most of our industry is still doing things the way they have done it for 50 years. Why? Is there really no better way to provide this service or deliver a better result? We believe there is always a better way to do things, sometime you simply have to stand up and look.
- Lastly, next generation means that we take what we have learned from our industries forefathers and build upon that legacy. We do not simply sit back and say “We have been in this industry for 40 years and that is why you should hire us.” At Mercury we say we have the knowledge of that 40 years AND we are applying the next generation of tools and technology to deliver a better service. We are faster, smarter and better prepared because we only hire the best in our industry and we demand the best quality from them.
Our foundation is to serve as a well control company, but Mercury is much more than your typical “wait for the fire alarm” to ring type of company. We are pushing the boundaries and setting the new standards for engineering and well control services.
Let Mercury show you a better way to engage… Let Mercury show you what the next generation of well control is all about.
The Mercury Promise
At Mercury we believe that making a promise is as close to a gold standard as any company can hope to achieve. The Mercury promise is not only core to our foundation, it is sacred to our leadership, our teams and everyone who is part of the Mercury team.
It provides for a common understanding for those that work here and to everyone who interacts with Mercury. Our promise not only explains who we are or what we do, it also outlines what we believe and supports Mercury in what we plan to accomplish.
Following our core beliefs of integrity and honesty, we strive to be respected and admired by our peers, our customers and our global neighborhood community.
- We will safely and responsibly engage with our customers, our communities and the environment;
- We will earn the respect and admiration of our stakeholders, customers, communities and our employees;
- We will set a standard not only for meeting our challenges and obtain our goals but by the way in which we are successful in those achievements; and
- We will always strive to deliver world class performance.
Mercury strives to be recognized as the best company in our industry. We want to be a force for innovation and change, and be successful in bringing the next generation of well control people and solutions to our clients.
We have a fundamental belief that we can make a difference in the world. We are built on our values, which guide our actions. We conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and strive to benefit the communities where we work.
Mercury is Innovative
Being the next generation is what we are built on. We explore outside the boundaries and create tomorrow’s breakthroughs through our people and technology.
Mercury is Progressive
We believe in the concept of “Win – Win” scenarios, and build productive relationships with each other, our customers, partners and our neighbors.
Mercury is Responsible
We are committed to the safety and development of our people and the communities and societies in which we operate. We aim for no accidents, no harm to people and no damage to the environment.
Mercury is Performance Driven
We deliver on our promises through continuous improvement and safe, reliable behavior and operations.
Ethics & Compliance at Mercury
Mercury is built on the solid foundation of our leadership from when the company was first formed. Our leadership play an crucial role in setting the right examples through their own behavior. Our founders also lay out the clear expectation that all business is undertaken in a responsible and safe manner. Our entire leadership team, from the CEO down, helps Mercury keep ethics and compliance topics relevant and current.
All staff are expected to adhere to the Mercury code of conduct, and we expect that our contractors and suppliers understand and meet our robust requirements. If you have questions or are just curious about a topic that we take very seriously, feel free to ask a Mercury representative for more information.