Seeking degreed Mechanical Design Engineers (PhD or MSME or BSME) with 5+ years’ experience in design and manufacturing downhole drilling tools for contract opportunities with Mercury Well Control This role is also for remote working status. (no travel or working at client site required). Mechanical Engineer with design experience within downhole drilling tools. Responsible for coordinating various project developments to ensure product changes and new product development while achieving engineering objectives as well as company initiatives. Will work very closely our clients to ensure we are meeting their requirements, criteria and expectations.
This role will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex mechanical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
Specific experience in working with downhole JAR tools, both in design and operating engagements is preferred.
- DEGREED Mechanical Design Engineer with BSME, MSME, or PHD with 5+ years’ experience
- Must have own computer and software to engage with assigned clients
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization. – Specifically fluent with SolidWorks 2 and 3D design software
- Must be a US Citizen or Perm Resident/Green Card Holder
- Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization
- MUST be DEGREED in Mechanical Engineering: BSME or MSME or PhD with 5+ years of experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer desired
Mercury Well Control offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Mercury Well Control’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com