The qualified candidate will have experience in designing hydraulic power and control systems for custom machinery as well as the ability to manage a project from conception to completion including hands-on start up and testing of the equipment. Selected candidate will work in a dynamic engineering environment collaborating with our skilled and motivated team members.
Specific experience in working with downhole JAR tools, both in design and operating engagements is preferred.
- Design hydraulic power and control systems for custom industrial machinery and test stands per the customer’s specifications using various types of design/drafting software.
- Specify system components to ensure conformance with customer performance specifications.
- Manage assigned projects and prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines.
- Assure product quality by performing validation and verification testing.
- Provide technical support, system start-up, training and troubleshooting for customers.
- Proficient in Solid Works and/or AutoCAD design software.
- Ability to perform pressure and flow sizing calculations based on machinery motion requirements.
- Perform component selection including proportional and/or servo controls.
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical and software engineers
- Ability to interface with manufacturing personnel.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of PLC and closed loop control.
Mercury Well Control offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Mercury Well Control’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com