Seeking degreed Mechanical Design Engineers (PhD or MSME or BSME) with 5+ years’ experience for contract opportunities with Mercury Well Control to design industrial components and devices as outlined by our clients. This work is mostly related to oil field services but does include clients outside of Oil and Gas. This role is also for remote working status. (no travel or working at client site required)
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of industrial equipment and/or entire mobile structures used in Oil and Gas or other industrial fields. You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis. Precision machine design starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications.
This role will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex mechanical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- DEGREED Mechanical Design Engineer with BSME, MSME, or PHD with 0-5 years’ experience
- Must have own computer and software to engage with assigned clients
- Experience with 3D solid modeling – Specifically fluent with SolidWorks 2 and 3D design software
- Must be a US Citizen or Perm Resident/Green Card Holder
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
- Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization
- MUST be DEGREED in Mechanical Engineering: BSME or MSME or PhD with 5+ years of experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer desired
Project #1 – The drawing should help for the quote for these plates, we would need 16 of these, preferably aluminum with rubber ¼” thick on the face. Would also need some type of bolt – say 2 per plate to hold on the plates.
Project #2 – Update new housing design for an oil well Blow Out Preventer. Designs must meet temperature and pressure requirements as well as any BSEE requirements.
Project #3 – Design and test two (2) 25ton Lift Caps per customer and vendor requirements. Delivery is critical and must meet the proposed date.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com