- Drilling Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Bachelors/3-5 yr. Degree – Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering preferred
Houston Texas – Global Travel Required
Responsible for the administrative and technical management of oil and gas projects in engineering and/or domain related activity, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
This role assumes overall responsibility for budgeted man hours and staffing. The Project Manager will recommend personnel transactions of all natures and may assist in establishing work group standards, policies, and procedures.
- Development of proposals
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Quality assurance
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business from an accredited college
- PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum of ten years of full-time project/program related experience in the field of engineering or oil and gas
- Experience with management of Oil and Gas projects is required.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong familiarity with project management practices, methods, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Duties are performed in a variety of environments from the office to extreme locations on and off shore in all types of weather conditions
- This position requires travel – Candidate must possess a current and valid passport
- Duties on can be performed under high levels of pressure and demanding timelines
- Duties may include strenuous physical activities
- Supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees on job locations
- Mercury’s compensation packages are based on years of experience, level of expertise and depth of education and knowledge. Ask our recruiter to advise you our comprehensive benefits and compensation packages.
Because the position is professional in nature and requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion, this position is classified as ”exempt” in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Mercury is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com