- 10+ Upstream oil and gas domain experience
- 10+ Upstream business process
- 10+ Workflow and process control domain experience
- Upstream hydrocarbon value chain
Bachelors/3-5 yr. Degree – Upstream oil and gas related
Houston Texas – Global Travel Required
The Upstream Domain Consultant is responsible for leading the Global Domain Consulting team in delivering key consulting services to clients in the Upstream O&G Industry to attain stated objectives. This position is primarily a customer facing position with additional responsibilities for managing and growing the organization. This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing strategies that deliver consulting advice; building an industry-leading consulting business; and fostering external business relationships.
- Ensure achievement of Domain Consulting performance objectives, including revenue, staff utilization, operating margin and attrition
- Lead Business Development activities with both existing clients and potential customers to uncover and close new consulting opportunities
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and Solution Teams to plan, develop, and implement new competencies and capabilities to promote and increase consulting services.
- Responsible for all Domain Consulting operations and team members executing client engagements
- Lead strategic staff development initiatives to improve capabilities and execute semi-annual performance appraisals
- Responsible for identifying market needs and working with the Recruitment teams to identify and onboard additional team members to meet those needs
- Participate as a member of the Extended Leadership Team in formulating and administering strategies to further the consulting organization objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading Global teams in excess of 30 people
- Must have extensive knowledge of Oil & Gas Upstream Industry, including the ability to articulate challenges and solutions across the hydrocarbon value chain
- Proven Business Development track record of working with clients to identify and develop new opportunities
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Must have superior ability to understand, interpret and respond to complex business challenges
- Ability to provide strong leadership to drive strategies in a fast-paced, continuously changing business environment.
We are currently looking for upstream and midstream candidates with experiences in the following areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- G & G (Geology & Geophysics)
- Finance & Hydrocarbon Accounting
- Land Management
If you are an oil and gas professional with experience in any of the above areas of expertise and would like to work for a company that is driving change in our industry’s landscape, then please feel free to forward your resume.
All resumes will be held strictly confidential, and only those with experiences meeting our clients need will be contacted.
Mercury is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com