- Drilling Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Bachelors/3-5 yr. Degree – Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering preferred
Multiple – Global Assignment
Under general direction, the well control engineer supervises assigned staff and is responsible for performing calculations and making assessments on well control problems both onsite and from the office. The well control engineer will also work on special international and domestic projects.
We are looking for a HIGHLY self-motivated individual that can effectively function as a member of a team, show initiative, and perform other duties as required for the team to be successful.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops Blowout Contingency Plans, Relief Well Design, and related documents for a variety of customers.
- Travels to customer sites both domestically and internationally to deliver well control support to onshore and offshore locations.
- Performs well control audits.
- Has the ability to conducts well control training on the job and in a classroom environment.
- Provides engineering support to field operations.
- Assists with manual equipment setup and operation as required.
- Maintains appropriate reports and documentation of well site activities.
- Provides technical support on location to meets customer requirements
- Advises staff and customers on equipment capabilities.
- Keeps management informed of significant problems.
- Complies with all relevant international and corporate environmental and safety regulations.
- Provides leadership and/or assistance with:
- HAZID / HAZOP
- Urban Risk Assessment
- Emergency Response Planning
- Emergency Response Drills
- Blowout Contingency Planning
- Integrated Management Systems
- Safety Cases
- Readiness Reviews
- Rig Audits
- Cold Eye Reviews
- Incident Investigation
- Project management
Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum or mechanical engineer
- Years of experience
- Entry level or Jr. engineers – No field experience
- Mid-Level Engineers – Minimum of three years oilfield experience
- Sr. Engineers – ten + years oilfield experience
- Well control or drilling experience preferred
- Able to think clearly and perform at optimal levels in high pressure situations
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Have and maintain a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Duties are performed in a variety of environments from the office to extreme locations on and off shore in all types of weather conditions
- This position requires travel on short notice to locations that can be anywhere in the world
- Duties on can be performed under high levels of pressure and demanding timelines
- Duties will include strenuous physical activities
- Supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees on job locations
- Mercury’s compensation packages are based on years of experience, level of expertise and depth of education and knowledge. Ask our recruiter to advise you our comprehensive benefits and compensation packages.
Because the position is professional in nature and requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion, this position is classified as ”exempt” in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Mercury is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com