MWC is looking for a WCD engineer. Our client has WCD procedures in place and would like to have a SME vet the work, providing feedback on what other items should be considered in the procedure. On an ad-hoc basis, the engineer will QC the results and inputs the Production Engineer calculates. This client utilizes the Petroleum Experts software package (Prosper, GAP, MBal) to produce the WCD output.
Specific experience in working with Worst Case Discharge procedures and implementation is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SPE technical report on Worst Case Discharge and relevant BOEM and/or Norsok D-10 guidelines on WCD.
- Have performed WCD as to provide feedback on our current procedures and what inputs are most critical.
- Have good working knowledge of Petroleum Experts software including Prosper, MBAL and GAP.
- Written or provided feedback on a similar WCD procedure.
- Experience working with a major producer (i.e.. Exxon, Equinor, Shell, Chevron) who have performed similar work in the past an asset.
- Worked with or for a regulator (in GOM or North Sea) to develop guidelines on what considerations should be accounted for in WCD an asset.
- Design hydraulic power and control systems for custom industrial machinery and test stands per the customer’s specifications using various types of design/drafting software.
- Specify system components to ensure conformance with customer performance specifications.
- Manage assigned projects and prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines.
- Assure product quality by performing validation and verification testing.
- Provide technical support, system start-up, training and troubleshooting for customers.
- Proficient in Solid Works and/or AutoCAD design software.
- Ability to perform pressure and flow sizing calculations based on machinery motion requirements.
- Perform component selection including proportional and/or servo controls.
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical and software engineers.
- Ability to interface with manufacturing personnel.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience.
Mercury Well Control offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Mercury Well Control’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please forward your CV or Resume to HR@mercurywellcontrol.com